As you are most likely aware, the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit will enter into the Grey-Lockdown Stage as of 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, April 3. As a result, our recreation facilities (Rotary Place, Brian Orser Arena, and Orillia Recreation Center) will be closed. In the coming weeks, staff will update rental permits to reflect the Lockdown time period.
Province Wide Shutdown Announcement...
As COVID-19 cases continue to rise at an alarming rate, a province wide shutdown is in effect as of Saturday, April 3, at 12:01 a.m.
This will help:
- save lives
- prevent hospitals from becoming overwhelmed
- protect in-person learning and keep children in schools
- allow for more time to vaccinate Ontarians
- stop the spread of COVID-19 in communities
This decision was made in consultation with the Chief Medical Officer of Health and other health experts.
What this means
Starting April 3, the COVID-19covid 19 Response Framework (colour-coded zones) is paused.
We must all follow temporary restrictions and public health and workplace safety measures.
The impacts of these measures will be evaluated after one month to determine if it is safe to lift the restrictions or if they need to be extended.
- stay home as much as possible
- limit close contact to your household (the people you live with) and stay at least 2 metres apart from everyone else
- limit trips outside your home to necessities, such as:
- getting food or medication
- going to medical appointments
- supporting vulnerable community members
- child care
- getting exercise or walking pets
- stay home if you have symptoms, even if they are mild
- stay two metres apart from people you don’t live with
- wear a mask or face covering in indoor public spaces or any time physical distancing is not possible
See full announcement here: